S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Mt. Shasta

as planned earlier, 6 of us went to Mt. Shasta this weekend. the trip was eventful as it was a reunion of sorts for all of us after a long time. Shasta is about 650 miles from my place, we spent most of the time driving. the rental SUV was big enuf to have a small bedroom space in the back, we all took turns to sleep there :)
coming to Mt.Shasta itself, it wasn't as scenic as I expected it to be. the place is defly greener than mine, but again not to my expectations. Maybe its more scenic during winter, as the whole mountain would be covered up with snow. Shasta lake was good, its apparently the second largest in the US. we rented a ski boat and cruised at top speed ... first time that I drove a proper motorized boad with a steering wheel.
we also spent a day in San Francisco downtown, did all the standard tourist stuff. SF never bores me, each time I'm as enthusiastic as it were my first.
next 2 weekends I'm gonna stay home and catch up with friends and relatives on the phone :) its been a while since I slept peacefully during the weekends.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been a part of the whole thing and yet, interesting to hear you describe it!
Yup SFO rocks and with someone as enthusiastic as you to hang out with, it's exciting as ever!!

~Prodeep

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great trip..and well, inspite of Shasta being what it is, its the people you make the trip with that counts !!!
Paran, you sure on the not visiting SFO for the next two weeks thing ? ;)

2:31 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

ofcourse I'm serious dude. If I travel again in the next 2 weeks I will die for sure :)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home