S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Monday, August 16, 2004

lake tahoe ..... and a tip for our captain

this weekend I was in a lake tahoe. its a beautiful lake, situated somewhat north east of San Francisco. bunch of my friends in San Jose had planned out this trip and I joined them. we camped near the lake, and this was my first camping experience too. I enjoyed it, except for the stoneage restrooms :)
about the lake itself, arguably the bluest of the lakes I have seen so far. interestingly I have had aerial views of the lake twice before, while flying somewhere. from that altitude, it looked really small, obviously, as our jet crossed it in a few mins. this time I was stunned by its beauty and size. It took us nearly 1 hr to reach the other end of the lake. we took a gondola ride (not a boat, but a suspended cable car) to an elevated vista point. it gave us a nice panoramic view of the entire lake and the surrounding mountains, for me it brough back the memories of my previous aerial views :)
a few of us split and headed out to Reno (a mini vegas in nevada) on saturday night and chilled out. it was a nice place, what the heck I lost again on gambling. on sunday morning, I did kayaking, again for the first time, and surprisingly it came to me very easily. it was a lot of fun kayaking. the water was only knee deep for about half a mile and that was a bonanza.

tahoe lake is so huge that nearly 330 million gallons of water evaporate every day. for our politics aspiring captain, this maybe it. if he could somehow devise a way to channel all this evaporated water into tamil nadu, he could be our next chief minister. even superstar can't stop captain. c'mon captain, show your skills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

you are under-estimating our captain.. see how hes gonna do it in the next film... probably he wd dig up a tunnell from some place in TN that runs so deep and reaches Lake Tahoe.. And... see the rest in the silver screen!

- Chakra.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home