S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Wanna cup of free coffee

about 3 weeks back I went to a nearby starbucks. there was only one guy working at the shop and he was busy making a drink for someone. it wasn't unusual and I just stood at the counter patiently. he then came over and apologized for the delay, but I said it was OK and he could take more time if he wanted. apparently he was so impressed by that and refused to accept money for the coffee. he said I was such a nice person (hmm hmmm...), and very understanding too, and hence the coffee was on the house. no doubt I was very happy too.
 
fast forward... 2 days back I went to the same shop. though I didn't have any twisted ideas of getting another free coffee, I did make myself as polite as possible. this time it was a different person at the counter. she was already having a hard day and yelling to her co-worker that she needed some time to go and cry (????). now being the perfect gentleman, I just stood there smiling till she took my order. Should I explicitly tell that the coffe was again free? :)
 
either the residents of Santa Clarita are so impolite that the workers in starbucks find something divine in me, or they are actually nuts, I DONT CARE as long as I'm getting that free coffee :)
 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thts cool. i think you are realy capable of making people happy. hats of to u!!. I have also been very polite and pleasant to public here, but I almost always get unpleasant replies. Tell me the trick!!
kika.

2:23 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

hi, thanks for the comment. may I know who you are and where you are from?
my tip - keep smiling always :)

saranyan.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got ur link while check chakarapani's blog. i have a blog..but i dont maintain that often, it is http://achillesheel.rediffblogs.com

8:07 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

hey hey.. thats cool man... wd attempt that in Starbucks next time.. my optimism not withstanding, i don't expect a free cuppa..

- Chakra

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home