S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

the amazing elliptical trainer

running is good. it burns a lot of calories compared to walking and other exercises ..... this is what a lot us think. but try this elliptical trainer, its an amazing calorie cruncher.
running typically burns about 10 - 15 calories/min based on the speed and wt of the person. and we usually get tired pretty soon. these days I run for about 45 mins and walk 15 mins and end up burning about 650 cals. but yesterday I tried this elliptical trainer for a change, and amazing, I lost 850 cals in 1 hr. no matter how many strides you put on the machine for every min, the avg cal burnt per hr is always in excess of 11. It is indeed difficult in the beginning, but I find it more easy to maintain great levels of consistency than running. and we can also read a magazine while exercising, instead of getting bored by just watching TV above the head.
and the best part is the knees don't get banged up as in running.
isn't that wonderful.

elliptical trainer is going to be my new mantra.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go! man, you'll be lookin completely different when you reach india!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

I never bothered to check out the cals I burn when I exercise. I just run or walk depending upon the day & my mood. But after reading this, I am quite keen to check out the elliptical trainer.

- Chakra

1:18 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

run is a psycological thing. to make up our mind to run a particular day is tough thing. and because its hard, we tend to skip it sometimes. another thing is its boring to run on the treadmills.
but this elliptical trainer is not like that. you can easily log in 20 mins, burn more cals, but also have an urge to come back.
yeah try it out, I'm sure you will find it easier than running. thanks for the comment chakra.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home