S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

the mega serial

Sep 1st, its exactly 4 yrs since I left India. and it was the first time I'm leaving my family too. a bunch of relatives came to the international airport at chennai to see me off (it was my first flight experience too :)). and when the time came, we got very emotional and all of us were in tears. my dad was particularly inconsolable.
as soon as I went thru the security gate, all the people left, as they had nothing else to do. and suddenly I was feeling alone and I hated it. when all the security and immigration formalities were over, there was still 30 mins left for boarding. I spotted a public phone (free for local use), picked it up and called my uncle's place, my parents were staying at theirs. when my dad was on the other end, I stared off something like "I miss you guys......", and my dad goes, "hold on son, chiiti (a tamil mega serial played every night on sun-tv) is on the tv...here talk to ur mom, I'll be right back". I was speechless. such is the power of mega serial in India.
but when the show was over, he came back and spoke with me even more emotionally :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home