S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Monday, August 23, 2004

"I'm neither"

this was an interesting incident that happened last december. our company sponsors a grand holiday party every december. last yr was my first, and being a 'village' man, I didn't know what o do at the party. so I approached Manny, an office colleague. this is how the convesation went ......

Me: hey Manny, what do people do at the party man
Manny: you just come with your date, which can be your wife, girl friend, or just a date for the night. there will be ballroom dancing and dance with her.
Me: (thinking....damn man, I don't have a girl friend, and how would I get a date in one week) hmmmmm....
Manny: so bring your date
Me: well ..... I don't have a girl friend
Manny: Oh not a big deal at all, you can get a date for the night
Me: I see
Manny: there are some girls in the production dept. looking for a date for that evening. I can help you
Me: well... I'm not sure If I will do that
Manny: why not. are you gay
Me: (taken aback) NO
Manny: oh so you are straight
Me: I'm neither man
Manny: (speechless and still faced)
Me: (what the hell happened to this guy) see ya.

since I didn't have a girl friend/wife/whatever I thought I'm just "plain" (yeah one of my thoughts), and said I'm neither. Later on I learnt that "i'm neither" in that particular context meant that I'm bi-sexual :) no wonder Manny was speechless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

Moral of the Story: Learn the local slang!

Bigger Moral: Get married soon!!

- Chakra.

1:23 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

I get your bigger moral :)
thanks chakra.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home