S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Sunday, December 12, 2004

M.S

this is a very sad day for all of us. M.S.Subbalakshmi, the queen of carnatic music is no more.
It was her rendition of Vishnu Sahasranamam, and Venkatesa Suprabatham, that brought me, and many more close to her. we would all fondly mention the two letters, "MS", as though she was our aunt or grandma.
this is indeed a great personal loss fo all carnatic music lovers. But I'm sure she has attained the abode of Lord Sriman Narayanan.

2 Comments:

Blogger hari said...

Hi Saranyan,

May be her songs are too good and great for we mortals. So the God has taken her to reverberate the heaven by her eternal renditions.

3:49 AM  
Blogger The Last Blogger said...

I didnt know about the demise of M.S until last evening when I returned from my trip. It was definitely a sad moment for me and a great loss for Carnatic music.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home