S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

a year full of potatoes

memories of my grad life at UCSB were rekindled after reading a post from my friends blog. in the first yr, I shared a 2 bedroom duplex with 3 other indian guys. we had rules drawn up for everything, including time to eat. that was a funny rule, anybody who comes in after 9:30 pm had to do the dishes :-). it was brought into immediate effect as one of us turned up for dinner really late and the dishes remained undone for the next couple of days.

we took turns for cooking, and since 3 of us were vegetarians, all cooked only veggie stuff. each one of us had our own likes and dislikes. we all like only one vegetable in common - potatoes. everyday it used to be potatoes. while I cooked a south indian version of it, the others would put it in dal or tomato curry depending on mood swings.

as soon as I moved out, it was potato-less cooking for the next few months.

3 Comments:

Blogger hari said...

Hi,
Most of us like this potatoes,especially the baby potatoes deep fried ones are really lovely.
But an year full of potatoes for three people means ONGC could well have stuck natural gas in your apartments. It must have really been very toxic out there.

4:17 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

enna man nakkala :)
it was 4, not 3.

10:36 AM  
Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Thanks to a couple of health conscious room mates initially and a subsequent self awakening towards a health diet, I have managed to keep away from what was definitely my vegetable of choice in India. Not sure how I have changed to a point that I havent cooked potatoes in months and I am surprised at that myself :)

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home