S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Monday, September 27, 2004

A Wager

as soon as I mentioned to a colleague of mine that I will be going to India this november, he started laughing mischeavously. and then he asked if I had already started looking for apartments. just when I thought that the summer heat had done something to his brain, he asked if I already knew the girl. then I understood where he was driving at and told him that I'm not going to India to get married. he accepted that I wasn't going on the intention of getting married, but I will still get married. when I asked him if he was some sort of an astrologer, he said that his predictions are based on "past experiences". apparently his wife had bet with her friend that an Indian colleague who went to homeland for vacation would not get married, but subsequently lost the bet. this was worth a wager for them as the guy never saw the girl nor knew that he is gonna get married even a month before :)
actually now I'm hearing about more such cases and more people are asking me if I'll get married during this trip .... and I never deny, but just negotiate a wager with them and they happily promised me a dinner, if I come back still single :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home