S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Saturday, September 11, 2004

crazy ideas

past 6 weekends have been really hectic. all the driving took a toll on my body and mind. finally here is a weekend that I'm not going anywhere and I'm enjoying it. a friend of mine is coming to visit me in the evening. he just called me and proposed a crazy idea - "lets go to vegas and get back in the morning". it was really tempting and I almost said a yes. but good sense prevailed and I said no.
this reminds me of a crazy thing me and this guy did 2 yrs back. he came to my place and we were supposed to go for lunch. while thinking where to go, I casually mentioned that a south indian place in SF bay area (Saravana Bhavan) is really good and authentic too, I had been to that place just a week back. then we just stared at each other, and the next moment we were driving to bay area. beleive me, we started at 1 pm, reached the place at 5:30 pm, had lunch/dinner, and started our return around 8 pm. we were back in Santa Barbara around 12:30 am. in all we drove more than 650 miles in that single day alone :)
I still would like to do something like that, but not this weekend please :)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Paran
We did that once from Blacksburg to DC/MD to head to Madras Palace which is a great south indian place in Maryland.
That said, I have myself done an all day-night drive of around 900 odd miles, alone and it sucks big time.
Give me the loving confines of my bed and home and even my otherwise average cooking will seem like the very best, on par with Saravana Bhavan or whatever.

9:24 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

but once in while I do need such crazy driving pill :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home