S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Friday, September 24, 2004

magazine mania

this is getting to a lot of people. couple of reasons, peer pressure and the amazing deals for a yrs subscription of these magazines. what used to be like $100/yr for any magazine has now boiled down to less than $10/yr. a few would be surprised to know that 'Wired' subscription is just $5/yr. and other equally good magazines, like business week, time, economist, fortune, are all under $20/yr. some sites even carry a multi-magazine deal, you can choose some N number of these for a specified rate (a lot of 'em have 5 for $20/yr). but little do we realize how much time we are gonna spend reading 'em. I subscribed to wired and business week, and I find it difficult to read the juicy articles on all issues. we needn't finish up from cover-cover, but atleast we should read the cover stories.
a lot of my friends have subscribed to more than one magazine. just like in my case, their initial enthusiasm waned away after the first few months :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Last Blogger said...

I have been onto this magazine mania for 4 yrs now and have to say, I do get to read most of them a lot. I read Wired cover to cover and Time and GQ, I read most of it. GQ and Cargo are two mens lifestyle magazines that have little content and a lot to see like ads for latest mens lifestyle and tech products. Between all of them, I spend a few hours a week and I am able to read almost all articles.
There have been times when I have gone through my lot really fast and have had to borrow my fiance's Elle or Vanity Fair to pass my rest of the month before the next month's lot arrives.I guess its really how avid a reader of things a person is.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home