S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Monday, September 20, 2004

Sir, Post

its been ages since I heard the words 'sir, post'. postment, sometimes postwomen, in India, utter these words when you have a letter/parcel. unlike here, most of the letters we receive in india is from a friend or a relative, and there is definitely a thrill in rushing to get it. needless to say, the excitement in reading the letter first, aahhh..... I miss those days.
in the past 4 yrs I have received exactly 3 letters, all from my mom. she sends me the stuff for 'avani avittam' every yr. but without fail she does attach a letter, and I cherish reading it.
though emails and IMs have taken over, I still consider a written letter to be the most dearest communication of all. it has life in it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

Nothing could beat the joy of a hand-written letter. I still do make it a point to write few letters in regular intervals just to retain that touch.. But am afraid that the next generation might never hear or learn about 'writing' letter or about the existence of post offices..

- Chakra.

1:25 AM  
Blogger pradeep said...

Well said Paran!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home