S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

of policies and elections

its election time in the US and the rhetoric is unusually high. a lot more is at stake I guess than previous times. Bush and Kerry have plans, as they say "I have a plan". God only knows if they themselves know what it is, let alone us. atleast they say they have a plan.

look at our own indian politicians, do they ever care about policies. all the attacks are personal, worth watching while munching some hot pakoras and bhajjis. says sushma swaraj, a leader of the BJP party, "if Sonia becomes the prime minister, I will tonsure my head". and a congress leader retorts, "Vajpayee is addicted to whiskey". actually I was interested to know what brand Vajpayee likes, just to see if we have similar tastes :)

coming back to the US elections, I wouldn't be surprised if Bush proclaims Veerappan's death as a success to the "ongoing war on terrorism" :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

Osama might get caught or killed just a day before the presidential elections and Bush might just say what you have said... you never know..

- Chakra.

1:25 AM  
Blogger hari said...

I think in terms of politics US is still behind India because Bush and Kerry are still in the process of trying to make fool of people.
Indian politicians do not do it anymore as they know that Indian voters are fools made over and over again in the last 50 odd years.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home