S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

a classic and a classic in making :)

I don't know what's wrong with Chandramukhi songs. I liked all of them at the first run itself :)
I had very high expectations too, but I also visualized Rajini in his usual attire and style while listening to the songs....that made a huge difference :)

speaking of Rajini, I watched Aarilirundhu Arubathu Varai last saturday. I wanted to watch a really sad and depressing movie (just for a change) and opted for this one. I've watched AAV a few yrs back, but still wanted to go for it........no disappointment, it kept me occupied for a good 3 hrs.

there are only a handful of movies in which all the actors would have done a splendid job. this is one among them. particulary Rajini, its one of his best and I doubt if anyone else could have given a similar performance (not even Kamal). be it the anger when he finds that his siblings aren't recognizing his hard work, or the frustration when he isn't able to muster all the resources to meet his ends, or the joy and relief when his brother informs him about his placement, or the emotional breakdown when he realizes that nothing is really working for him ---- this is one hell of a performance form our superstar. he has taken acting to new highs in this movie, and thats an understatement!

also the movie has 2 deep messages --
a. carry on with one's responsibilities without bowing down to any kind of pressure, and
b. treat both imposters, success and failure just the same

it takes a long time to acquire these qualities, so till then watch aarilirundhu arubathu varai :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I watched this movie long time back. Another movie of this kind is "Veedu".

6:40 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

what u said is true.
Chandramukhi songs thaniya ketkaratha vida antha songsla thalaivara imagine paarunga athu range thani.

6:43 PM  
Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Unfortunately, I have never seen it. I have been a fan of the cheerful and superstar Rajini. Never seen any of his truly acted movies.
Speaking of CM, I have heard to the music quite a few times. Other than Kokku para para, which is not really the best of tunes for a Rajini movie, I have liked all the other songs. Cant keep away from it. Its a good sign :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Kanna, thalaivar suthi suthi adikararu... ellarum thalaivar pathi than posting... ennum 35 days than Chandramukhi release......

7:07 PM  
Blogger Amrita said...

I haven't seen this movie you are talking about. However I have seen one Rajnikant movie in which I admired his performance a lot. Its called Dalapathi directed by Mani Ratnam. Though I did not understand the language, still throught the sequences it was understandable that what was the movie all about. I also read about Chandramukhi's songs in Chakra's blog, not heard them yet, guess have to hear them soon. Byways the messages that you spoke about in the film you saw are very essential in fields of life.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Prabha said...

chandramukhi songs are good huh?
I heard its not all that great..Ive not heard even this movie of Rajini's..!!
hmm now i gotto check out both the classic and the classic in the making!:)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

u liked it on first hearing.. it took 2-3 times for me... now, I am listening almost continuously! :))

6 to 60 & Bhuvana oru Kelvi Kuri are fab movies of super star. Even Netrikkann was a good one..

2:04 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

6->60 was a masterpiece...one of his occassional "acting" films...no offence intended...I am his fan too..but you need only to imagine him crying...that is one instance, when I cant control laughing...but all said n done, Thalaivar is Thalaivar...no denying it....

2:37 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

manoj, thats a good suggestion. I will try putting up one :)

me, veedu is a classic too, but it was more like a documentary.

Kay, athe athe :)

Ranga, vera enna vetti velai pannindi irukka, poi muthalla
6->60 paaru. Btw, it also has some nice tips for married people :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

sudarshan -- kanna thalaivar oru thadava sonna nooru thadava sonna madhiri, aana naama thalaivar padatha nooru thadava paarthalum oru thadava paartha maadhiri thaan. thirumba thirumba paakka thonum :)

Amrita, Dalapathi is a good one too. a rare maniratnam movie in which the director is completely shadowed. thats the power of our superstar :)

prabha -- NO. hear the songs first and then you'll know.

Chakra, netrikann is a good one too. I liked the appa Rajini, obviously :)

Krish, thalaivar azhutha sirippu varduha. nammalum azhanum :)

Jagan, MGR padam ellam oru thanee range. not even the rape scenes, even the duet sequences would be the imagination of the heroine. enna moolai paaru :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home