S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

adult stuff and rating

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, a popular video game here, gets an adults only rating for sexually explicit content. not just sexual content, but many of these games are gross and extremely violent as well. so is it OK to have violence and drugs in these games and tons of kids playing them? what kind of rating system is this?

I wonder if our Indian movies have a decent rating system at all. take the movie "Anniyan" for example. for all those gory killing scenes, it should have been given a double A. in my opinion kids below 10 shouldn't be allowed to watch this movie.

thanks to Anniyan, lot of people are now interested in Garuda Puranam, for all the wrong reasons. Garuda has much more significance, probably the most ... what to say.

8 Comments:

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Saranyan,
I have a post ready to go on the Rating of Anniyan.!! Sad..Sad..Sad..! all these rating systems.

We have a PS2 at home for my daughter and I have only 1 game.!!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saranyan... if only I had the authority.. U wud have been incharge of the sensor board !!

3:33 AM  
Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Rating systems are there everywhere. Difference is that its usually respected here and parents take due note while buying movies or games for kids. In India, kids are taken to see Anniyan which as I had mentioned in my review deserves a hard A. If it were to be made in English, it would end up with a R for sure.

Narayanan
I have a Gamecube with a bunch of games and there is a lot for kids. All Mario games are kid friendly and fun too.

11:02 AM  
Blogger pradeep said...

Best solution in the upcoming release (!):
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000283051379/

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The prev comment.. thats not anonymous.. ITS ME!!!

11:11 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

ITS ME, unga thollai thaangalaye -- yaar neer :)

1:06 AM  
Blogger Prabha said...

I agree with this Anniyan rating...
I took my cousin with me for the movie.Shes only 8 years old.and she ended up having nightmares after watching the movie..

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude have u played GTA? You are a gangster let loose on the streets of a brilliantly violent city..In fact the fact that it didnt have a sex angle to it thus far was surprising or for ppl like me disturbing..Im all for violence being banned but lets not make Sex a no-no..n hey there are no drugs in the game!
Viv

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home