S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

of being honest

couple of yrs back, I bought some CDs from CompUSA. the total was $42 and there was a mail-in-rebate for the same amount, hence making the purchase free (I always failed to understand this logic). usually it takes about 8-10 weeks to get back the money. In my case I didn't receive any for about 13 weeks.....so went to the shop and explained them the situation. surprisingly, they trusted me and gave the money immediately. they needn't have done so, but still gave me my money.
a day later I got the rebate check. since CompUSA was honest, I decided to give this check back to them, I didn't want the double discount. while I was on my way to the shop, I was day-dreaming that the shop manager would be impressed with my honesty, and would allow me to take any one item from the shop, and so on (yeah just like they show in the movies) :) unfortunately all I got was "Make sure you endorse that check correctly; thank you" :(

last week I got my mail-in-rebate check for a purchase. I received 2 checks instead of one. now I dunno what I should do :)

as an interim solution, I have deposited both the checks :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Chakra said...

better return it. Honesty pays.. sometimes a bit late.

1:10 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

chakra, I'm still debating :)

dei jagan, nee oru arthathula pesinaalum enakku puriyum :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger hari said...

Hi Saranyan,
Being in India, the first question coming to my mind is did the cheques get honoured. If yes, then you are indeed lucky.

9:19 PM  
Blogger AR said...

யாமெய்யாக் கண்டவற்று ளில்லை எனைத்தொன்றும்
வாய்மையின் நல்ல பிற

http://www.thirukkural.net/thirukkural/adhigaaram.aspx?a=30

3:17 PM  
Blogger AR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:17 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

hari, they did get honoured. thats not a big issue at all. its a simple check, so no problem at all.

Anand Sir, idhukku poi valluvara koopadunuma. I have donated that money already :)

thanks for the link. I usually read Thirukkural from Karunanidhi's site.

3:52 PM  
Blogger REFLEX said...

Thanx for visiting my blog Saranyan. I am going to link ur blog from mine. Keep coming. Thanx for ur comment.

8:59 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

You are welcome my friend.

I have linked urs too :)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home