S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Thursday, December 30, 2004

trip to D.C

actually the title should be something like "a trip to my relative's house". that would sum up the whole weekend. I have a few relatives living around the U.S and we have this tradition of meeting up at someone's place once a yr. this yr we chose to meet at our uncle&aunt's place in D.C.
thanks to the weather and comforts of home after a long time, we all just ate, watched movies, and slept. the "mani adicha soru" concept prevailed for the whole weekend, and everything came to the room on time. outdoor activities were pretty much going out to get movies.
now I realize why captain makes all those movies. Its precisely for occassions like these, wherein a lot of people get together and have ultimate fun in watching those mindless movies. thank you captain, for providing us great entertainment :)
we did go out for bowling, but hey isn't that indoors too.

speaking of the weather, never have I experienced such a harsh one. to my astonishment my cousin would say, "Its only -5 C". what?????? we haven't even seen +5 C in california :) I hate to wear all those costumes (read - sweater, jacket, gloves.....) just to go out and get into the car.
for them the worst is yet to come.

I had a stopover at Vegas on the way back. for a change I won this time, about $250. you don't need to venture into the city to gamble, the airport has tons of slot machines. its everywhere, I had to run away from them to protect my money :) the only place they have not yet installed them are the restrooms :)

will not be suprised if they do so :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Ill echo your cousins comments. -5C is fairly acceptable in the North East. I have gotten to the point that unless the weather is less than 35F, sweaters are themselves a luxury. Only when the weather dips below 32 do I pop out one. Trust me, youll get used to it if you venture out a lot in Winter.
Speaking of Vegas, I look forward to my first trip sometime when I can do it. And yeah, its Sin City for a reason !

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home