S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Thursday, April 03, 2008

yearning for a good dosa

its been ages since I had some good dosas .. exceptions being the rare trips to India. south indian restaurants in SF bay area (actually the entire US for that matter) simply don't know how to prepare a decent dosa, and it beats me. the dosas i've had are always super thin and super cold. can't figure a way to salvage it. I know my wish wouldn't be heard (by the chefs), yet I keep ordering. talk about hope :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure there are a few good ones in the SF Bay Area. Yes I live in Montana and I haven't seen anything like these for the past few years, and I hail from Chennai, infact I am a close relative of Saravana Bhavan owner.

7:29 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

hi anon, please convey this to HSB :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

..adhutha vaati india poracha get a wet grinder...

...seri chillnu dosa kudutha return panna maateengala?

12:59 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

me, its not question of money. its the quality that I'm after.

I do have a wet-grinder :) enna irundhaalum hotel dosai maadhiri varuma.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Me said...

...custom order your dosa...hire ppl who make dosa at home for parties...vera vazhiyae kidayadhu...:)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Me said...

dosa mela

8:11 AM  
Blogger Maran said...

HSB Malaysia charges RM4 or roughly Rs40 for a dosa! I can get the same dosa & yummy sambar for RM1.20 from no brand Malaysian restaurant.

It amaze me how HSB can still open in Malaysia with such high price.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Uma said...

No one has thought of ready to cook dosa yet

"just heat it and eat it types"

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home