S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Thursday, March 06, 2008

what do you gift

this is always a sticky point. often leads to confusion in the mall and keeps me running from one store to another to quickly grab a gift that is nice, and cheap as well. I can be termed as old-fashioned when it comes to gifting. typically I prefer giving plain cash .. comes from the "put urself in his or her shoes and think" school of thought. and of course I like cash, well who doesn't. unfortunately the median gifter and giftee population don't agree with me. I do like the pre-paid cash cards but hate that 10% service fee. and gift cards aren't as great as they sound. do you know that shops can go bankrupt, still be in the business and yet decline your gift cards. happens dude, and that too in a bunch.

why shout .. coz a friend of mine is getting married this month and I'm still scratching my head .. vigorously.

and by the way .. if you are the kind that doesn't like to give/receive any gifts, then never mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

I can tell you this with my experience.
==
Your Friend is getting married.

So, I would get him a gift card from JC.Penneys/Sears. Would be good for him/her and the spouse !

===

we have 2 daughters and these days we definitely prefer gift cards over gifts for B'day parties. We do the same too.

We can choose what we want to buy if it is a gift card and we can choose when we want to buy too!

==

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home