S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

bills galore ......

atlast I have an apartment just for myself (another reason for my irregular blogging). only for a short period but still I relish it everyday :) but the downside is to take care of the gazillion bills. in my case the list goes like ... Dish Network, Comcast, Electricity, Water, Trash, Gas, Cell Phone, Rent and adding to that is my regular credit card bills, car payment and auto insurance.

if I forget to pay even one of those bills, my credit history would go south :) strange world :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

I am scared about it too. This credit History thing sucks big time.

Luckily, I setup autopay for my utilities.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

On a similar situation 2 yrs back when I moved into a new apt just before wedding, I missed setting up Direct Debit for one of the bills.. i ended up not paying £2 on time and i had to pay a penalty of £25 and had my credit history damaged as well.. It took me months to come out of the credit history fiasco.

Worst point abt this was, these banks made a note in the credit history files that i hadn't paid some money on time (though it was just £2), but they don't bother to update that even after i had cleared that. I had to chase them up to set it right.

1:15 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

its a major hassle when you miss a payment. usually its a losing battle. but lot of CC companies give about a month's time before reporting delayed-payment.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Online Bill Payment with reminders in Outlook and Palm are the way to go. You are very less likely to miss any of these payments. And many of the credit cards offer email reminders as well.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home