S

through my senses -- most likely senseless

Saturday, April 23, 2005

and the real season begins...

the day I was eagerly awaiting so long, has finally arrived. the NBA playoffs begins today and I'm looking forward to an exciting post season. this is the real season, all those 82 games during the regular season were only teasers :) this is when teams play a totally different ball game.

this year there were many surprises, most prominent being the domination of the Phoenix Suns (thanks to Steve Nash). it was absolute fun watching them play the game up and down, complete magic. thats how I feel basketball should be played, instead of the versions played by the dull Spurs and Pistons. but this is playoffs, so teams play only defense. lets see is the Suns break that trend and emerge as champions, playing only offense :)

the Lakers demise was no shock for me, what else can you expect when you trade the most dominant player away. lets see if they rebound next season.

I want the Suns to win it all, and they have a fair shot at it too. but I somehow feel that its going to be the Spurs or the Pistons again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

nenachen ennada real world la evolo build up kudukarangale pasanga blogging la innum yarum mey idha pathi pesalaye nu.i was expecting the last blogger to post something about it patha neenga post panniteenga

appo appo reviews lam podunga nan adha padichitu en friends kitta lam nane yosichi sonna madhri sollidren :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

I am a big fan of Shaq! Sad to see the dismantling of the lakers ( big fan until last year).

Go Miami..!!

PS - I didn't know about the playoffs until I read a post. Too busy..!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

11.00 PM - I watched Sacramento vs Seattle. The Kings suck..! big time now.!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

GO SUNS!!!!! ... I have waited this long as well to say this... This is the year of the parade in front of the America West Arena is Phoenix... :-) :-)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

On a different note, nothing gives me more pleasure than the Lakers not making it to the playoffs.

10:23 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

me, basketball is my religion :) so did you watch any of the openers. if Duncan plays like what he did today, expect the Spurs to bow out in the first round itself, for Denver has a solid front court.

Narayanan, I hate Shaq. agreed he is a dominant player, but he has a big mouth.

Sudarshan, yeah GO SUNS!!!
machi, adutha season enga Lakers varuvaanga paaru mela, appa vechukarenda :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger The Last Blogger said...

The Spurs are the odd on favorites and last night's surprise aside, I am expecting them to perform well. The Suns have been the most dominant this season and while Heat and Celtics have done well until now, I expect them to stumble anytime. The Sixers, Pacers and Nets have come as far as they could and this is probably the end of the line for them. The Pistons might be the dark horse, although they are the reigning champs and itll be interesting to see how it goes from here.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Nth Dimension said...

As a Spurs fan, I have to admit it was very disappointing to watch the Spurs miss 18 shots in a row over a 10 min period of the final quarter.

And quite a few of them were open looks. If even a third of them had been converted, the Spurs would have been winners. But as it stands, I think they will lose in this round.

And that should make it easy for my hometown team the Suns to get to the Finals.

12:58 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

daph, thats exactly what I'm thinking too. it will only make the suns' job easier :)

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home